HybridZ

Manual trans. question?

Guest Andrew240z

Guest Andrew240z

Greetings,

Can anybody tell me what would make for the easiest standard trans. swap into a 350 240z? I'd prefer at least a four speed, the fourth gear being an overdrive. The only thing I'm concerned about is that the JTR manual makes the slave cylinder connect look very hodge-podge. Thanks all for your help! I'm just afraid that if I dont get to row my own gears after this swap, I wont be happy!:-D If this belongs in the Chevy v8 section, can someone please move it for me? I wasn't sure which to post in. Thanks!

Also, I forgot to add.. The reason I was considering an automatic over a manual was because I was of the understanding that a manual has a greater tendency to twist the body, due to clutch drops, etc...but I'm only going to be doing a mild buildup, so will this matter? Mild=350HP approx.

We just found a part that will work to connect the Camaro T5 slave-cylinder O-ring fitting using dash-4 fittings and hoses. The adapter is available from Summit Racing, 800-230-3030, part #MCL-139026. Cost is $42.

This part will be shown in future editions of the JTR book.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike, I just got the new part for the clutch cylinder and I am of course confused

as to just how it works. There are three part, The brass piece that appears to go into the clutch hose. But it seems to big. A roll pin, and a small black washer. What goes where and how? Any help would be appreciated. The part number is MCL-139026.Thank you.