HybridZ

Doing autometer gauging in my Z, need suggestions on fuel gauge... details inside

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z

Alright, i'm leaving the factory speedo and tach unless they don't work when i finally drive the car, in the mean time though i'm swapping out the 3 indash gauges... i searched and found everyone uses the 2 & 5/8 gauges for a factory like fit, so i'm going to run my boost, oil pressure, and water temp (electrical w/ senders on the last 2) in those 3 holes, as a result, i'm going to lose my fuel gauge, so i've started looking @ the autometer ones, but i haven't the foggiest clue which ones applicable to the Z's system...

anyone here running an autometer fuel gauge? i figure theres enough race cars outta ya'll, someones gotta know what the working solution is.

If I remeber correctly I'm using the 73 ohms empty/8-12 ohms full version. It will be CLOSE to the Z sending nit specs. PeteP I believe has a write up on his site on how to make the guage even more accurate to the Datsun sender. You'll need to search that one as it's been a while since I did my guages.

Also, if you're looking for a mounting location, I've heard of some people using a Miata a pillar pod ( with a little modifiaction) on early 240Z's pillars. What I did was to remove the drivers side round vent in the dash and put a 2 5/8" guage in the hole. It's a perfect fit.