HybridZ

81 zxt crank sensor

randy 77zt

Guest bastaad525

what I dont get is why there is the idea that you couldn't use either type of pickup (crank mounted or internal to dizzy) for the same purposes.

They both hook up the same way, and apparently provide exactly the same signal, as many have cross-used one method or the other amongst different year ECU's. I use an '81 CAS with an '82 ECU and wiring harness... seems to work fine to me. I'm not sure what aftermarket unit you're thinking of using how they interface with the CAS so of course I could be way off on this, but it seems to me they provide the exact same info and signal regardless so you should be able to use either one if you CAN use either of them at all.

Guest tomindallas

Randy -

Making some bold assumptions as to why you asked your question (to do direct fire with a Haltech) I'm at the exact same point as you - trying to device on triggers.

I've got both a later ZX turbo dizzy with the stainless optical disk thing and the crank angle system. I've heard that Brice at Alamo Autosports sells a replacement disk for the distributor which works perfectly with the older Haltech's which do not have the Nissan Ignition Trigger settings, like my E6S...probably worth every penny he gets for it, I heard under $60?

Brice, 817-860-4300, He doesn't know me and I don't know him so hopefully he won't mind me poisting information I got from www.haltech.com :)

Tom (Dallas)

Guest bastaad525
Tony D. is using the 81 sensor with megasquirt. There is a quote from him that I added into the sticky about setting it up.

Now that IS news!! I didn't know he actually got that working. That's really good to know... if someday I should ever get back to my (extremely long) list of things I want to do to my car, guess I can bump MS up a bit on the list now knowing it will just be that much easier.