HybridZ

Installing my Megasquirt n Spark Next Week!

Guest Bris280zx

Guest Bris280zx

Hey guys,

Well as the title says i am installing my MSnS next week (Just finished my L28ET build, installing it on a new engine eek) and to tell you the truth i'm a little nervous ;)

I would just like to clarify some bits and pieces that i'm a bit unsure about regarding the install, if you could help me out it would be very much appreciated. I might just give you some info on my system:

7MGTE 440cc 3 OHM Injectors (Low impedence)

Custom Fuel Rail

Adjustable FPR

BMW Fuel pump up to 125 PSI

MSD 6a Ignition.

T3/T04e Turbo

1) Now, I have been reading some posts on here about using the MSD 6A as the ignition module and wondering if the MSD 6A works fine as long as you have Dwell Control?

2) Does the Coil Trigger output connect to the white wire on the MSD 6A (Amplified input wire)?

3) In regards to the injectors when using "similtanious" injector firing this grounds both injector outputs? If so would it be best to common 3 injectors to output 1 and 3 injectors to output 2?

4) In regards to dropping resistors my 440cc supra injectors are 3 ohms, i used the calulator on the MS website and it recommended 4 ohms at 2 amps peak current and 11 ohms at 1 amp peak current, then i hear people using 6 ohms for their dropping resistors... i have no idea which ones i should use hehe

5) I have been mucking about with megatune but i can't seem to get the MSnS options up i have version 2.25, do you need to have the MSnS code on the processor and be online to use these settings (i have set MSnS-Extra in the .INI and unset the other one)

Thats all i can think of for now, i would love to document my install atfer i'm finished and post it on this board similar to Moby.

Thanks alot

Mat.

3) In regards to the injectors when using "similtanious" injector firing this grounds both injector outputs? If so would it be best to common 3 injectors to output 1 and 3 injectors to output 2?

4) In regards to dropping resistors my 440cc supra injectors are 3 ohms, i used the calulator on the MS website and it recommended 4 ohms at 2 amps peak current and 11 ohms at 1 amp peak current, then i hear people using 6 ohms for their dropping resistors... i have no idea which ones i should use hehe

5) I have been mucking about with megatune but i can't seem to get the MSnS options up i have version 2.25, do you need to have the MSnS code on the processor and be online to use these settings (i have set MSnS-Extra in the .INI and unset the other one)

3. Yes, split the injectors into groups of 3 and use both output 1 and 2 like you say.

4. 5 to 6 ohm dropping resistors will work fine. Digi-Key sell 5.7 ohm 25 watt.

5. I don't think you can tune the spark section in megatune 2.25, you would either need to use megatuness which is a special megatune just for spark settings or use a newer megatune version like megatune225b331 which allows you to cahnge the ini file settings to tell megatune you are running MSnS then it will let you adjust spark. I may be wrong so check out the megatune forum on http://www.msefi.com