HybridZ

need clutch related advice

260ZRED

First off all - is it 'normal' for a healthy (but stock) L28ET to slip a used stock 260z clutch on 260z flywheel?? Could I just have adjusted the clearances on pedals wrong or free travel or something simple like that?? Sucker slips bad when I shift hard. Clutch disc has plenty of meat left and never slipped with the SU motor before the turbo swap.

I am about to get a 2+2 ZX flywheel. It will be a good improvement (240mm) over the stock 220mm L26 flywheel. What do you guys recomend as the best clutch kit for a street car (no real raceing just street cruising.) My short term goal is about 220-230 hp with stock turbo untill I can get a wide o2 and a decent intercooler.

Would I be OK with a stock (read: cheap) clutch kit for a 2+2 or turbo ZX? Or do you think it'd be better to invest in something more heavy duty right now? I don't want the car to shift super quick or be a race car, I just don't want the darn thing to slip..

Also, one of the threads in the tranny for the slave cylinder is stripped. The other hole is almost stripped. Feels very tight going in. I'm kinda afraid each time I put the slave cylinder on. How can I fix this?????? just re-thread to a bigger size? re-drill and weld a nut on there maybe? ?

thanks for any advice guys.