HybridZ

Need carb/kickdown cable help

OK....I know... I *should* have taken pictures of the carburetor linkage assembly before I took the assembly apart...but...I didn't...

OK, so, I got the engine in the car and put on the carburetor, but, tonight when I went out to hook up a few more things one of the things I went to hook up was the kick down cable from the TH350 to the Quadrajet carburetor...but, it seems like something is missing...or maybe I'm just not understanding how it's supposed to go...

So, I hope somebody here can help me out....cuz I'm lost!!

From a couple of pics of the setup I found through google it seems like the transmission is supposed to kickdown when the cable is *pulled*, which means that it should go towards the bottom of the throttle linkage (the throttle linkage turns clockwise, so if it's on the bottom part of the linkage it should pull on the cable). However, I'm not 100% sure on this...

Now, there IS a spot that looks kinda like it might hold the kickdown cable, but, it's on the top of the linkage...where a throttle cable would go to pull on the throttle linkage to open the throttle... (see pics)

There are two brackets with square slots in them (which seem to match up to the kickdown cable). One is close to the throttle linkage (about 3 inches away) and sits above the throttle shaft and the other one is farther from it (about 5 inches away) and sits below the throttle shaft. I am assuming that the throttle cable will go into the above the throttle shaft so that as the cable pulls the linkage it opens the throttle. (see pics)

Now, keep in mind that I did have the carburetor rebuilt, so, I'm open to the idea that something is missing from the carburetor...however, everything *appears* to be there and I can't see any gaps or anything where something would be missing. (see pics)

So, I have a few pics in case somebody spots something that either I am missing or, is simply missing from the car.

Thanks, as always, for any help in advance!!

carblinkage1.jpg

carblinkage2.jpg

carblinkage3.jpg

kickdown.jpg