HybridZ

need electrical help 83 turbo

Guest tunerpike

Guest tunerpike

I have a 83zxt, I am having touble with the ecu. The car will not pull right. Sometimes it will not tac up or it will not let the boost come in right. I have narrowed it down to the top two wires on the ecu. I can get going down the road and play with the wires and it effects the way the car runs. Sometimes I can move the wires around and it will run great. I have installed a intercooler and have recently bought a T03/T04 hybrid E composit ball bearing from turbonetics. I do not want to install the turbo until I get the wiring fixed. Can anyone help me with my problem? Thanks.

If its the wiring that shorting out where it ends at the connector you could use a bit of solder to strengthen the connection; If you have the skill with a solder. If not try checking some local junk yards for a new harness.

• 7 years later...

my 83 turbo was having stock ecm issues also, but mine constantly advanced base ignition timing the more i drove the more timing i would have tomorrow! after a month or so of me and my friend jake scratching our heads i went ms1 v3 and never looked back. if you go that route hit me up and i will give you my daily drive maps to get you started. im also intercooled with stock turbo and injectors.

my 83 turbo was having stock ecm issues also, but mine constantly advanced base ignition timing the more i drove the more timing i would have tomorrow! after a month or so of me and my friend jake scratching our heads i went ms1 v3 and never looked back. if you go that route hit me up and i will give you my daily drive maps to get you started. im also intercooled with stock turbo and injectors.

:huh: Take a look at the post date...