HybridZ

Anyone has some T3 leftovers?

pjo046

I am in need of a turbinewheel/shaft and a compressor wheel. Was rebuilding my old T3 with a rebuild kit when something went wrong.... :-( So now I have my newly polished compressorhousing, my painted turbinehousing and a center section with new bearings etc. But I am in need of new shaft and wheels. So if anyone has these things lying around, I would be really gratefull if you would be willing to sell it to me cheap.

Well, I changed the bearings and everything in the center section. Then it was time to reassemble everything. I put on the backing plate and then the turbine wheel and compressor wheel. The compressor wheel was a bit hard to get onto the turbine wheel, so I had to slide it down the shaft by tightening the retainer nut. But after I was done, I realised I had forgotten to bolt down the backing plate to the center section. I therefore had to take the compressor wheel of again.. That's when the problem started. Since I had made the mistake of using force to get the compressor wheel on(by screwing it on), I was unable to get it of again. I tried many different methods, but with no luck. So now it has become completely stuck on the turbine wheel shaft. I managed to get it a bit out, but then it just got stuck. Tried using different tools, but it didn't help. So I am thinking that I just have to use a saw and cut it of, and install a new turbine wheel and compressor wheel.

There is a special press that'll press the compressor off but you would need to have the seal plate on to use it. Doh. Only way that I know is to turn slowly and pull. But you prolly will damage the shaft by pulling the compressor wheel off that way. I'll see what I can do.