HybridZ

#3....TT 383 Chevy 240 Z Race Video

Quoting Turbo Meister: "The tough part is supplying enough fuel to match the boosted airflow."

That is what I meant about the blow through carb and high boost pressure. I've seen many blowthrough applications (mostly with ProChargers) that have run well... but not at that high a boost. Most end up putting an extra injector or two inline with the carb to richen up the mix.

What kind of carb is it you're running and what jetting?

I've seen many blowthrough applications (mostly with ProChargers) that have run well... but not at that high a boost. Most end up putting an extra injector or two inline with the carb to richen up the mix.

I know what you mean. I know a certain off-beat (read thinks outside the box) GN guy that thinks of air-to-air intercoolers as heat sinks that end up heating the air after they're initially heated up with the hot charge from the turbo. He uses several extra injectors along the way from the turbo outlet, even in the plenum to do the cooling, using the heat of evaporation of the fuel to do it. Not to mention adding a bit of richness safety (not too much). According to him, it works quite well. Sorry, no data. He's also a king of reverse engineering and then modifying the programming of the GM ECUs to do what he wants them to do.

Yo Guys' date=' we need to con Mr. Hanns into geting his competition license so we could see what that awesome Z of his can do in the 1/4!

[/quote']

It's not so much the comp license, it's everything that goes with it.

My current cage is good for only 10 seconds flat in the qtr mile. I've been quoted as much as $5000 to install a certifiable NHRA legal cage. One shop said they would have to cut off the Z's roof in order to properly install the cage. I'm not competent to do this job, myself, and I certainly don't have that kind of money to pay someone to do it.

Then there are a bunch more safety requirements (which is good) and equipment if you run faster than 10 seconds. Also you have to get regular FAA certified medical exams and chassis certifications on a regular basis.

If I did all that then I would modify the Z for all-out racing like HybridZ members, WHITEBOY, JapTin and others.

But I intend to run the QTR mile this year at tracks I would not normally attend. So then if I run 9 seconds and they kick me out it won't be a problem.

Hanns

What kind of carb is it you're running and what jetting?

It's just an old Holley 750 dp that I slightly modified:

Removed Choke Horn

Nitrophyl Floats

Secondary Float Bowl jet extensions

79 primary jets with PV, 95 secondary jets with PV plugs

.120 inlet needle and seat

Hanns