HybridZ

Awesome Night At The Track Tonight

Corzette

Ok this is just getting silly. I just hit a 1.597 60 footer tonight on a 3.54 open diff. Both tires are hooking and is launching like hell. I hit the 100 shot in second and third only on a cold 700 PSI only and ran an 11.43 at 119.7!!!! My bottle warmer wasnt working. Iran out of NOS after two good runs. Man what a night. Im going 125 shot in April and getting that damn 10 sec slip...10.99 he we come. Also Lauren;s 396 Big Block Z broke a U Joint on the line. Ouch...but was kinda cool in way...At least he was smilin!!!! Go torque! He said its CVs now for sure. There is another tubbed 280 here tonight too! We are starting to grow!

Anyways my best 1/8th tonight was 7.35 at 96.09 and 11.43 at 119.77 in non lock mode. Yippee!!!!

CorZette

Terry,

That is awsome! Amazing what a little nitrous will do for the go fast thing. What type of pistons are you running, forged I hope! That 60 ft. time is pretty impressive as well.

I have been dying to get my motor back from the shop. I have been fighting with a shop (Plano Auto supply) for 3 months over my motors cracked crankshaft,spun rods. I finally pulled my parts and went to Kim Barr Racing and am having them build my new motor. I am building a 6 inch rod 385.

It will have a 4340 Eagle crank, 6" Eagle 3D H beam rods, JE ultra light forged pistons and Speed pro plasma molly rings giving me 11.0 to 1 compression. Kims said it will handle a 200 hp shot of juice if need be.

I plan on making Plano Auto foot some of the bill as they welded my old crank against the advice of others and said it would be fine. It broke right at the weld, imagine that! The crank then spun a bearing and magically took out the rod bearings and I do mean all the rod bearings.

They said they would build another motor for me and 3 plus months later nothing so I pulled my stuff and will do a disputed charge back. They gave me a prepped replacement block and the block had 3 SLEEVES in it!! It also had a crack in the number 2 cylinder. Go figure, the mechanics that looked at the block all laughed and said it would make a beautiful boat anchor!

Anyway, enough of the bitchin! I should be back up by next weekend I hope and then its break in time. After that we should get a group of Z racers and go to the track and hunt down the elusive 10's.

Mike

Damn Mike, I cant believe that shop. Thanks for the heads up, Ill never call on them. Well hey Im excited about your long rod setup because its the exact same thing I am planning. It will be cool to see how it works for you. I have no doubt youll be in the tens on engine alone. Hey are you running the FelPro 1205 intake gaskets? Im using the 1256s now but will have to have the heads matched ported to upgrade. The Victor Jr intake is already ported for the 1205s so during my rebuild I will probably go single plain and port the heads a little. Do you mind telling me how much you paid for the internals for your new beast? Ill have to collect a little at a time. Please let us know how she runs...Im excited for you and always tell people about your setup here in Angelo.

Usually if I get beat I always say " well my buddy in Dallas has the same car but with a 385 stroker and runs 10s on engine only" That gets the respect back after a loss!!!!! LOL. Thanks for bailing me out at times that you didnt even know about! lol!!!

Terry

Terry,

I did not buy a complete rotating assembly like the ones on Ebay. I found I could do better picking pieces up from different venders. I got my 4340 Eagle crank from CNC motorsport for 410 shipped..A really good price. I picked up the Eagle H beams for 330 shipped..thats was just ok. The JE ultra lite pistons I picked up from Kim Barr who is the engine builder because he is a registered dealer for JE. They ran 550..OUCH! That said I could not find that paticular piston any cheaper anywhere else.

He bought my old rods and pistons for 350 so that lessoned the pain somewhat. So all in all I guess I will live! So my Wife says anyway....

I am switching to CV's in May or June so that hopefully will eleviate some of the snapping of the half shafts and u-joints.

I should have my motor back and in by this next weekend then it is a matter of breaking it in slowly. Thats real hard as there is a kid with a SS camaro powered by a LS1 with cam, heads, intake and NOS who I believe needs to be schooled. He has a dyno sheet that says 413 to the wheels on the motor and 520 on the bottle. Sounds like a good race to me.

I am not putting that kind of power down but I do have weight and experience to guide me plus maybe just a little bit of nervousness instilled in the kid!

Mike