HybridZ

280Z Repair manuals

TomoHawk

Who's got good manuals on the repair of the car? I have a Haynes book, but it doesn't give enough info to repair things like:

backup lights

interior lights

Even the owner's manual I got with the car doesn't correctly tell you where the air cleaner is.

For that specific reason when I purchase an older car that I know I'll be keeping for a while; or that I know I will be modifying, I always buy multiple manuals.

I always search for a Factory Service Manual; no matter how hard it is to find I will always keep searching till I find one. Someone has it & doesnt need it anymore; it is just a matter of finding that person and making them an offer.

I also will purchase a Mitchell, Haynes & Chilton manual. This approach allows me to be pre-prepared for just about any possibility.

If you need a Factory Datsun Manual; you can go to any Nissan Dealer & order your year manual on CD. That is of course you dont find your answer on this board: even if you do get your answer, I would still purchase the appropriate manuals.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Kevin Shasteen:

If you need a Factory Datsun Manual; you can go to any Nissan Dealer & order your year manual on CD

Sorry, Kevin-

Went to the Nissan dealer and he says there is NO SUCH THING. He doesn't even SELL repair manuals!

But he did give a number to call.

• 3 weeks later...

Contact Courtesy Nissan in Irving, TX. They can get the FSM's on CD. If I remember when I'm at work Monday I'll look up the address & phone number of the company that sells hard copies of the FSM's. I got one from them for my '77 which will be VERY similar to a '78. E-mail me directly at:

BillD@Poly-America.com and I'll send you the info.