HybridZ

L28e??

Guest pistolpete

Guest pistolpete

hey guys whats up?

lookin for some advice, done a quick search but havent found too much,

im interested to know how much power could be gleamed from a L28E motor??

what kinda mods would this involve and prices?

thanks

Hello, the question which you asked doesn't have one simple answer.Power can be ranged from 150 to 250 HP and prices could be ranged from $300 from used one to probably $3000 for full rebuild and race prepared engine and even more.Modifications?Aftermarket FI,carbs,cams,head work,valve job,ignition,balancing, blueprinting, everything could be modifided in order get more HP and torque.What is your goal? Do you want daily driver, weekend warrior, autocrossing, drag race? If you do a search again you can find tonns of info on this site, prepare to spend hours reading posts.Just my .02

Guest SurfColorado

I agree with DavD3. What kind of car are you looking to build? Do you want to use force induction(turbo, super charger) or make a fast n/a car. Also how much money are you willing to invest?

Guest pistolpete

im building my zx at the moment and am keen to modify the engine somewhat.

i havent decided if i want to do a swap as yet but i was thinking about doin either rb/sr swap or just simply working on the Le, as im in oz the turbo L isnt an option.

i suppose for any real power id need forced induction, i was more just curious about what could be achieved with the NA L motor.

the car would be a daily driver, but i want enough power to compete with all the modern sports cars ie. supras and the like.

but thanks guys thats pretty much answered my basic question