HybridZ

Apexi S-AFC .. results... it works!

330795_174_full.jpg

This is the wiring diagram I used for the Apexi S-AFC... everything ran.. um.. OK..

the sensor monitor settings showed an accurate display of the RPMS as well as the AFM voltage... power.. ground etc.

NO Tach adapter needed!

So it works.. but.. one problem...

no matter what settings I used... i had extreme lean spikes.. and intake backfire's over 1,200 RPM.

I spent a good hour tuning and adjusting the increments... adding more fuel.. decreasing etc. I went through every possible setting I could change, without much luck.

I noticed that it diffenatly works... like if I chose -10% at 1,000RPM it basically takes away 10% of the fuel from the baseline fuel map. So the more i dropped it down, the closer it got to dying.. and a lower RPM.

So after a weeks long research.. and a few hours in the garage.. wiring it (took 15 minutes) and trying to tune it.. not much luck...

the Apexi simply doesn't like our Flap AFM.. even with the FLAP settings.. i also changed from hot wire sensor settings and that Karm. setting...

No luck...

SO the conlusion is... it works.. yes.. not very well.. and causes massive lean spikes at idle.. causing intake back-fires..

Could be a tuning fault from myself.. but I tell ya I went through every setting I possibly could.. so I removed the S-AFC and I am back to normal ECU.. or could of been a bad connection.. but i soldered everything on

Thanks for all of your help