HybridZ

280Z28 Interior Upgrade Update #2

Phantom

I went and exercised my visitation rights with the car at lunch today and the excitement is starting to build.

The black leather headliner is in and the red leather panels on the sides and across the front that frame it are mostly in. The seats are done - even down to the red "Z" embroidered in the headrests. The hatch seals have been completely replaced with new and the hatch lid filled with foam. Also the quarter panel window on the drivers side is back in with new seals. The rear wheel well and strut tower on the drivers side have been covered in black leather - with red stitching - and the vertical area in front of the rear deck where the CD changer is installed has been started.

I've got new outside door-to-window trim & seal coming from MSA on Wednesday and I found the inside door-to-window trim/felt that Spotfitz gave me over a year ago and it will get installed - THANKS SPOT!!

As usual - the two week job is probably going to end up being a 4-5 week job but, in the meantime, I'm driving the wifes Z32 convertible and the weather is gorgeous this week.

No problem Phantom!

Gee, I wish I could get my interior done in a month. I've been working on it since Dec. of '04

I should have it done by Dec. of '05 though, so I'm moving right along! :-)

Doesn't sound like it will be ready for our next meeting. I'll have to check your install out. I was considering letting the same place do my seats and door panels. After seeing the Z32, I have no doubts in their ability to due it, just my ability to pay for it.

Spot - yeah - I was really happy when I remembered those parts and then was able to walk right to the spot in the garage where I've been keeping them. They are as pristine as the day you gave them to me.

It's probably 50/50 as to whether the car will be ready by the 14th. That is still over two weeks away. I'm thinking now I may try to get both the interior guy and the stereo guy to come to the meeting and be available to talk with folks about what they can do for us. If I can have my car as an example then all the better.