HybridZ

700r4 and full throttle into overdrive

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

First the TV cable is at full throttle when my carbs at full throttle. I've got a 700r4 with a shift kit and it works great but at the end of the quarter I'm at about 5000rpm in 3rd, it keeps pulling but I don't like to rev it that high. It probably hurts me anyways beings its a stock motor with a low power band. Is there anyway to make the transmission do a full throttle shift into overdrive? I've tried letting off and getting on it again but it goes right back to 3rd. When I get heads and nitrous I'll be over 5000 and I do have 3.54's. I don't think I can find taller tires and I don't want to get new wheels, I've got the stock 14" alluminum honeycombs right now.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

It'll shift into OD at WOT, but not at a lower rpm than it does in the rest of the gears. 5k rpm is fine for even a stock motor. You can put a full manual shift kit in it to allow full control, but it'll lay down and die if you try to pull OD at that low a speed.

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

Ok, I was just worried about it hurting the motor. It's probably on the vurge of shifting when I'm at the end cause it shifts throught the other gears at 4200 so I usually shift it manually and let it go to 4500 and get a little better results

I have a question for you. Where is Academy, Tx. I live in the Dallas, Tx. area, Plano to be exact and I have never heard of Academy, Tx.

Also what track do you run at and what kind of times are you turning?

Thanks

Mike

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

It's kind of weird. The hole town is called Little River-Academy and I live in the part thats considered "Academy" Thats the name we get out mail. I race at the Academy drag strip about 3 miles away. I think the site is Templeacademy.com. I was having trouble with the carb the first time I ever ran at the strip which was last week so I'm going to try again this weekend. In first and second it was like I was running out of fuel and it would bog but when I got to 3rd "finally" it would run real good to finish. I only got a 15.3. Don't remember my 60 ft. but it was close to my friends who has a mustang with drag radials and drag suspension. My reaction time was .052 or something close. It would do this everytime at the track but never did it before or after the strip even when racing a quarter mile from a stop on the street. The float bowls were adjusted low from the factory when I checked but I wouldn't think that would have caused what my problem was. Maybe the fuel was boiling I don't know.