HybridZ

RB20DET vs RB25DET Flywheel (Fidanza ?)

240Z_Master

I called Fidanza to see if they could give me some help about their product and they referred me to Jim Wolf to answer that question...let's just say I didn't call Jim Wolf.

Anywho, Fidanza makes an alluminum flywheel for the RB20DET Part # 143341, do any of you know if this flywheel will fit the RB25DET? How are the two flywheels different between the motor (if any).

I am planning to mate up this flywheel to a ACT 6-Puck Clutch Part Number NS1-HDR6. I'm going to call up ACT to find out if that clutch mates up to the RB25DET Tranny because I saw the link on http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2motorsports/act6pucclutk1.html and didn't trust the site to see if it fit.

Disregard this info, I called ACT and they said it won't work

So my next question is, are there any Z32 clutches that will work (or Z32 bellhousing swap)? The reason I ask is because I cannot afford a nice Exedy or ORC Twin Plate Clutch so I am looking for an ACT alternative.

Please advise about the flywheel, and about the clutch if you have experience with any of these two produts.

Thanks a lot guys.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I've Used Flywheels From All The Motors On My Rb20det.... The Rb26dett Is The Best One Stock. The Only Difference Is The New Rb25det Neo Motors Are Pull Style Clutches And Have A Slightly Altered Bolt Pattern.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I Ran A Stock NA Z32 Clutch On My Rb20det...... The Rb25det Transmission Is A Bolt On Affair To The Rb20, Well Besides The D/s Length.

So if I use a Z32 NA Clutch (240mm), and the RB20DET Flywheel, it should be fine? What about the Z32 Turbo Clutch (250mm)? I don't think I will have to worry about the Neo Flywheel or clutches, not going in that direction. I got a ECR33 setup coming.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I Was Running The Na Setup On My Rb20det For About 6 Months Then I Got A Rb26dett Flywheel (3lbs Lighter) And It Still Worked. The Turbo Clutch Has A Wider Bolt Pattern I Believe.

Thanks for all of your help, I went and looked on the forums at RB25DET.org and found some info too.

I've concluded the following...

RB20DET Flywheel - Good to go on RB25 Trans

Z32 NA Clutch - Good to go on RB25 Trans

Z32 Turbo Clutch - No go

Z32 Turbo Flywheel - No go

Last question...T/O Bearing? Which vehicle should I use this from.

BTW ProjectRB240SX, Thank you for the info, it's helping me save money =)

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

no problem.... my experiences in the rbs is not as extensive as most but I spent alot of time putting them into 240sx's and contributed alot on the nico site.

my rb20 accepted the na z32 pilot and throwout bearings.... I do not know if the rb25 od is different than the rb20 though, as far as I can tell nissan used the same everything else so why they would change that diameter wouldn't seem illogical. I would do some looking on nico and see if that has been addressed.

Hey guys

I found a company selling twin plate clutch set ups at a car show here in NZ a couple of weeks ago, complete less flywheel (standard flywheel can be machined to suit) for under $1,000 NZ.

I know of a 700HP Chev Camaro race car here in NZ that uses one of these very successfully.

They also have small dia F/W availble as well at extra cost.

If anyone is interested i can post the contact details on here, let me know.