HybridZ

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, after a week and a half of my car being out of commission, it's back on the road and running great! The R180 blew on my 74 and I put the R200 from a 280ZX (use a 280Z if you didn't know like me) smile.gif Anyway, after running around, calling, and ordering stuff for the swap, I finally got the differential swapped. By this time my Griffin radiator came in so I thought, "While it's up there..." And well, 4 trips to advanced for radiator hoses and lots of mounting fittings, the radiator is in there. It has the tranny cooler (not on the car when I bought it), but is lacking a fan. The result? A 3.54 stock ratio bumped up to a 3.9 (hella fast relatively) and an interstate temp at 4,000 rpm from 233F down to 170F. But due to the lack of a fan, at idle, it heats right back up. The tranny cooler mounts are blocking me from putting the fan on now, I'll get some spacers or something and get the fan on sometime this week. Next on the list is JTR mounts, 700R4, resized driveshaft and heads, and I'll be content with my little daily driver. smile.gif Until next time...

------------------

pics of my babies at www.rotarypowered.com/cym and at www.dodgeviper.net/260z

Glad to hear you got it going. I used a 17"

electric fan from autozone and it works great. They are about 89.00 and then you can buy a thermostat controlled switch to activate it... It cools my car fine

with a stock radiator.

Myron