HybridZ

New Hybrid not a Z

Guest Drive-ability

Guest Drive-ability

Guys I was in the planning stages and looking for a good "Z" to start building with when I ran across a uncompleted Small block conversion of a 1970 914. I was shocked to find out it has been built with nothing but the best parts. I called the owner at Renegade Hybrids and he told me the car has a converted 930 transaxle good for 700 hp and all 930 brakes and suspension. The engine is a small block makes over 420 hp. Scott the owner of Renegade said it would run 0-60 under 4 seconds. He owns one with 500 hp so should know. Well I am now having it shipped to Ca. I will need to put 2 or 3k in it to finish the conversion. Here is a picture of the car. Basic and understated but......

http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=8609HEELK&i=49464

Yet another car thats on my list...

My grandfather had a 914-6 for around 10 years...one day it stopped running, and like all his other cars that stopped running, he just let it sit under a pine tree in west palm beach FL. 4 years later the engine rotted out from the bottom of the car. It sat for another two years until he had it towed away.

damn I would have loved to drive that car.

but anyway. I look forward to seeing more pics of your car and progress updates. That thing will be a handful fur-shur.

Congrats on a great find. Mine had a 302SBC and a late 914 tranny which rendered 1st gear useless. I used a Kennedy Engineered Products conversion kit and things like mounts, cooling, etc were home-fabbed. The Renegade kit should be more complete and with that tranny you can romp on it hard. I hope the owner went with a small high-revving engine instead of a high-torque monster. Guaranteed that car will scare you silly :D