HybridZ

Shorty headers for bbf (searched)

Guest Battle Pope

Guest Battle Pope

I ran a search or two but didn't find anything... Anyone know where I can get some reasonably priced block-hugger or shorty headers for a big block ford? Gonna need some really compact ones to get the motor in there cleanly.

• 1 month later...

Pope,

I've seen some, but I'm at the station today and don't have any catalogue's with me. Plug "big block Ford forum" into your search engine and you should come onto the 385 series engine forum. Post your queston there or search their previous posts. They should be able to get you a quick answer. They've been a lot of help to me, I've got a 460 in my old '47 Coupe I've been working on now for about two years. Just got if fired up last nite.

I think Sanderson Headers have some but don't hold me to it.

Pope,

Yea, big block Ford performance parts tend to be a little expensive. You can have the flanges cut at a machine shop, buy some elbows and tubes and do your own if you have the time and resources. That's what I ended up doing on the FE engine I put in my Model A coupe. Used a Speedway Motors set for a big block brand X and modified them.

For the 460 in the '47 I used some stock cast iron ones that I sandblasted and powder coated. So far they are doing OK but the engine has only been run a couple hours so the court is still out on how they will last.

Guest Battle Pope

Zorro,

For now, I think that's what I'll do it just sandblast the cast ones and use em. If I decide to make my own I'll just make them so the collectors match up with the cast ones' location.