HybridZ

Finally got my 240Z!!!

EvilC

Hey all,

Some of you might remember my first car "76 280" that I bought back in Dec. that was a rust bucket. Most of you told me to sell it and find a cleaner shell. That is what I did and now I have a 73 240 with brand new ZThearpy SU carbs on it, that I plan on selling with the video tapes. I have a good idea of where I am gonna start and plan on driving the car in a few weeks. I am just waiting for school to be over and be home so i can sell my current car on ebay. Thanks all for the help...and David.."1tuffz" for helping me find the car. I will try and get pics up soon.

Clive

Congrats man! I am sure many times over your build up you will be happy you went this route and found a nice solid car to start with. I know I am happy I did that when I started.

Those Z therapy carbs are works of art, can't say enough good things about that product. (and the people that run the company, steve and pam) Why are you selling them? Drive the car and work all the bugs out of the suspension, brakes, etc. before you go too crazy.

Yeah I plan on getting the car running in 3 weeks. The person I bought it from said he never got the carbs dialed in and the car ran really rough. So I plan on watching the video and getting it road ready. I am goin to drive it for now as i get the susps parts and everything else I need...before I start searching for my LS1 swap.

The carbs are only 7 months old.....any idea how much they are worth? anyone?

Guest bastaad525

no offense here, I too had a really great experience in dealing with the guys at Z therapy, and the carbs were beautifully done, but I have to say, that for all the hype about the ball bearing throttle shafts, within about 6 months my carbs did develop leaks at the shafts, evidenced by a change in idle when I sprayed around the shafts with cleaning fluid.

one other member here that I know of who brought his car by for me to check out last week, exact same SU's from Z therapy, exact same problem within a year.

Kinda dissapointing :( I mean their whole hype about their SU's is to replace old stockers that have leaky shafts, and that the new ball bearing shafts they use should last a lifetime.