HybridZ

'72 V8 240Z on E-bay

Guest bry0593

Guest bry0593

Selling my baby. Moving soon and it has become excess baggage. It is listed in the collector car trader for $5500, but have put it on e-bay just a day ago.

It's a pretty good car and there's no way you could build one as nice for this money. I'm sure alot of you guys will recognize it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4544097928

also see: http://www.geocities.com/bry593/

Many thanks,

Brian

Very nice car. It is similar to the one I am planning to build. I am also choosing a 2004R transamission. I really like the way you installed the shifter. I have been puzzling over what to do there.

Could you explain what model shifter it is and how you got it fit under the stock center console?

Dave

Guest bry0593
Very nice car. It is similar to the one I am planning to build. I am also choosing a 2004R transamission. I really like the way you installed the shifter. I have been puzzling over what to do there.

Could you explain what model shifter it is and how you got it fit under the stock center console?

Dave

Hi Dave,

The shifter is out of an '87 TransAm/Firebird. Ask them to pull the it complete with cable and both brackets (one attaches to trans shifting shaft? and the other attaches the cable to the transmission pan). To keep it all looking stock and clean, i built a 20 guage box which is welded to the inside of the tranny tunnel. The shifter bolts down into this which basically "frenches" the shifter into the tunnel. This allows the shifter to move thru its range without contacting the heater controls or being ergonomically incorrect. I finished it up with a custom made vynil boot rubber cemented to the factory Z console. Gives it a very stock/clean appearance.

- Brian

Guest bry0593

One more thing Dave,

Don't waste ur time with a standard 2004R. If it didn't come from a factory GM performance car, it will really never be great. No matter what you do to the valve body... You must use a trans out of either a Buick Grand National (CZ code) or MonteCarlo SS (CC?). These are hopped to the max from the factory and require only a few mods to make them more reliable.

- Brian

Thanks for the info. I was planning to buy a built 2004R from onw of the shops that do that sort of thing regularly, such as the Bow Tie Performance folks. I am starting out with a mild 350 build-up, estimated at around 300 hp at the flywheel. So I was hoping that the second tier "performance" built 2004R would hold up. I should be ready for that in about a month, and I'll be sure to ask about what model tranny it is, so thanks for the tip!

Dave

very tempting!!!

I'm looking at spending double that for my conversion :shock: what a freekin deal! I could rob your car for parts and make out! Very freekin tempting. I hope it sells big dude! Reserve met? :shock::shock: What's tha catch! Dang.

So freekin tempted. it is worth 5k just for the fun of doing it yourself? Knowing what's there? Knowing where you cut corners (if any). If I didn't have the money to do it myself, I'd be on that car like ants on chewed gum. :)