HybridZ

VH45DE Cam Specs

Guest Roaces

Guest Roaces

I have noticed a supreme lack of parts/info for VH45DE engines.... I have looked everywhere but cannot find any specs on the cams. I Have a suspicion that the Engine is extreemely undercammed, to give it better feul efficiency. If anyone has any info on this, I would Greatly Appreciate it. Also, my brother has friends who work at a Speed Shop near us, so if their is any interest (Not to mention someone to design them), I might be able to get decent group prices on like custom Cams, Headers and such, so.... If you have any requests, send them in and I will Try and get some info.

Guest Aaron

There is very little info. The specs may be in a Service Manual if you have access to one. (I think all the first gen Q's came with one in the trunk.) I spoke with Comp cams and Crane a few years ago, and they did not even have stock replacements available then. They could do a custom grind or a regrind but it would have been big $$$$$.

Guest Roaces

Thanks for the reply.... I think I am going to crack open the valve cover and just measure it, however, I have seen a picture of a completely dissassembled one, and it looks a little more complicated with the VVT cam gear and such. Im worried that this will be one of those things that likes to come apart, but is nearly impossbile to put back together. At any rate, I will try to get an accurate measurement of Gross lift and estimate net lift based on distances of the rocker arms. I think this engine is just downright starved for air. By having super low lift cams on this High performance of an engine, you could just end up with reasonable power and reasonable economy.

Guest Aaron

The 96 model did not have the VVT, but the ECU was ODBI compliant and put out right at 276hp. The 90-early 91 models had the best heads of all years, and actually put out close to 300hp, not the 276 it was rated at. 94 was when the went to the new style chain guides, but they were installed on earlier engines as repairs.

Guest Roaces

Thanks!! Thats exactly what I was looking for, Way to be!

Edit>>> Oh, and by the way, where did you get this info? Not doubting, but I have searched and could not find it anywhere.

• 1 month later...
Guest Roaces

Ok, lil update on the cams, I found a good guy to do the actual grinding, and that was the easy part. Today I'm makin some calls to see where I can find an Unground cam. That... will be the hard part.