HybridZ

Clutch Slave Cylinder Source/Part Number?

speeder

Well,

I thought I had my new upgrade T5 ready to go - I have a McCleod bolt- on Hydraulic TOB/stock Datsun Master cylinder, good install with proper clearance between the bearing/clutch fingers, bled the crap out of it, good pedal feel, and I can see the bearing move through the old clutch lever hole in the bell housing as the pedal is pushed.

Problem is that there's not enough travel to disengage the clutch.

I know TimZ used the stocker Master with his setup and it worked... but looks as if I need the bigger Master.

Anyone have part numbers for a 3/4" Master that will bolt in/ Be easily adapted to a 280Z?

Thanks-

Tilton 74.750 is what's on mine. It's a 3/4" bore, bolted right up to the stock holes, and the rod and clevis worked fine with the stock clutch pedal.

What's the bore of the stock cylinder? My clutch is a little quick, and I've thought about trying an 11/16 if one is available.

John

Terry & John,

Thanks for that.. Think I'll get the Tilton.

I noticed from my research that Tilton does make an 11/16" cylinder - I'll probably go with the 3/4" - Just because I get so little clutch action with the stock 5/8.

• 1 year later...

Guys,

It turns out that I didn't need a bigger master at all - the stock 5/8 is sufficient to work the McCleod slave. I had other issues with a custom pilot bushing that was hanging up the clutch, now fixed.

On to aftermarket masters - Almost all the Race-type masters (Tilton, Quartermaster, Girling, etc) will fit the s30 bolt-up with a suitable clevis available from most race supply places. I'm still using the Tilton (got more travel and LOTS more effort) but recently have found that the Quartermaster all-aluminum ones are more compact, fit well, and are cheaper. With all of these you have to convert the -3 flare fitting on the master to your hardline, or replace the whole line with a US - spec line. A little creative plumbing is needed in any case, as the TOB comes with -4 fittings standard IIRC.