HybridZ

I got some parts Powder Coated by Dead Roman from this site!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Today me and a buddy went to where Dustin lives, about 2 hours north of Houston where i live.

brought some parts to get powder coated and to check out his shop and also meet another cool member from this site.

1st off Dustin is a stand up guy and is truly a nice guy, showed us around his shop and even around the town to this great BBQ place (holy crap that was good food!).

Dustin sand blasted a few parts that needed it, steam cleaned everything and then powder coated everything. even showed us how it worked and everything.. even let me powder coat a part of mine!

Anyways ill let the pic's speak for themselves, they came out great, even with the poor prep work i did to a few parts.

hope to go up there again very soon with a few more parts and we can try that fading and other custom type setups.

GREAT to meet you Dustin, anytime you come on down to Houston let me know, we can go eat some sushi.

parts were done in Ford Blue, Reflexa (??) and gloss black.

849_p67887.jpg

849_p67888.jpg

849_p67889.jpg

mike

Guest ON3GO

849_p67893.jpg

849_p67894.jpg

849_p67895.jpg

parts came out great, pics dont show the true beauty at all.

if you have any questions maybe he will answer them in this thread.

he was talking about doing some parts for hybridz guys at great rates and i would deff jump on this deal if you need some parts done and can deal with the down time without the parts for a few weeks.

mike

Guest ON3GO

do it!

you will be very happy.

if you go through Dead Roman (Dustin) on here maybe he can setup a Hybridz discount or something. I cant say as its not my biz but you never know.

great service and great work!

mike

Guest JAMIE T

Is the coating on the exhuast manifold powdercoating? It will burn off in no time if it is. Maybe it's ceramic coating of some kind?

Andy, My powder rep with Tiger is giving me some Chrome powdercoating for my project. He saw pics of my car on my work computers desktop and he's a car guy too, so he offered. He said it was the newest version. Lots better than the previously available stuff. HEHE, I get free samples of anything I want to experiment with. I just got some Anthracite Metallic, which looked freakin' amazing on some Xterra rims I did for a guy. The 100% clear gloss top coat made that **** pop. The company I work for buys huge amounts(220lbs per color) of custom colors from Tiger, and I'm the guy that does all the purchasing. So, they treat me good.

Don't worry Dead Roman, I'm not trying to sell powder coating on this site. I don't have the time to do side work powdercoating. Between my project, customer(side work) cars, real day job, a 1-1/2" year old daughter, another on the way, fixing my house to sell it, fixing my new house to move into it, and just keeping the momma happy, I'm stretched as it is.

Is the coating on the exhuast manifold powdercoating? It will burn off in no time if it is. Maybe it's ceramic coating of some kind?

Andy' date=' My powder rep with Tiger is giving me some Chrome powdercoating for my project. He saw pics of my car on my work computers desktop and he's a car guy too, so he offered. He said it was the newest version. Lots better than the previously available stuff. HEHE, I get free samples of anything I want to experiment with. I just got some Anthracite Metallic, which looked freakin' amazing on some Xterra rims I did for a guy. The 100% clear gloss top coat made that **** pop. The company I work for buys huge amounts(220lbs per color) of custom colors from Tiger, and I'm the guy that does all the purchasing. So, they treat me good.

Don't worry Dead Roman, I'm not trying to sell powder coating on this site. I don't have the time to do side work powdercoating. Between my project, customer(side work) cars, real day job, a 1-1/2" year old daughter, another on the way, fixing my house to sell it, fixing my new house to move into it, and just keeping the momma happy, I'm stretched as it is.[/quote']

jamie, im not trying to make money off the deal, i love z cars i run a powdercoating shop, and i have spare time, so im just trying to help out the community. This is just my way of giving back to something i love. The silver on the exhaust manifold is a rohm and haas high temp silver, i dont really know how long it will last on a turbo mani, but i have had really good luck with it on many high perf headers and such. I once shot it on a turbo manifold, the guy hasnt come back and its been over a year, so i assume its either holding up or the guy didnt really care. do you buy your clear from tiger?(shudders) hows it working, im always looking for a better clear(i hate tiger, but if its better its better). Ive worked with a lot of chrome substitutes, and i tell everyone who asks if i can do chrome the same thing "yes its called chrome, but it still aint chrome". When they start making a chrome that actually looks like chrome, ill jump all over it, untill then, ill stick with reflectra.