HybridZ

Best Place to Mount Door Poppers

mas8230

For those with shaved handles, what is the best place to mount the door poppers? I mounted mine on the rocker panel, just before the corner before the quarter panel. They work, but I don't think I'm entirely pleased with that location for a couple of reasons:

For those with shaved handles, what is the best place to mount the door poppers? I mounted mine on the rocker panel, just before the corner before the quarter panel. The poppers do their job, but I don't think I'm entirely pleased with that location for a couple of reasons:

DSC02409_1_.JPG

- #1 They are kinda in the way at that spot

- #2 You can sorta see them from the exterior at the bottom of the door

- #3 The passenger door is giving me fits !! The driver door closes effortlessly, even with the popper installed. The pass. door I have to slam, even when changin the door guts and adjusting the body mechanism. When I remove the popper, the door closes easier, but still a little more force is needed.

Any suggestions ??? Thanks !!!

I have them mounted to the support beam (that runs the entire length of the door front to back) attached to the inside.

Cable is only slightly curved to reduce any binding.

A small curved (to match the actuator housing) piece of plate was welded to the top of the beam, attached by 2 hose-clamps. This will allow you to manipulate the actuator back and forth, for subtle adjustments.

Hanamon, I have pretty much the same setup for my actuators. The solenoids, cables, and rods are set up nice. It's pretty slick with no problems. I used two very small u-shaped cable clamps to fasten the puul cable to the latch rod. I removed my door handles, and my solenoid is mounted on the inside of the door in that area, clear of any window parts. I then took a third clamp (used as a guide) and fastened it to the door frame to keep the latch rod from flopping everywhere without the handle.

Smoknr6, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem !! Although the popper does kick it open. The door was always harder to close , but now it really on my nerves because it matters even more now. Hopefully, sombody can help us out !!

Has anybody mounted poppers at the front of the sill plate on the rocker panel. I'm thinking of this because it would keep them out of the way. BUT, do you think they'd be strong enough to push the door out that far up ???

They come in various lb. spring rates; 15-20-25-30-etc. we used 15lb.ers due to the fact that these aint' Chevelle doors. Mine work fine. Don't know if you could get enough leverage/thrust from the hinge area.