HybridZ

posibility of a turbo 302??

I am new to the idea of the 302 and I like then engine. I know a guy who has a turbo 5.0 stang and its perfect for the street. Enough torque low end to be fun, but balsy when the turbo hits. Needless to say i think it would be awesome. Does anyone have mounts for the 302 swap, and if so, would a tubo application be possible in a gen1 z. I did a search, and there is very little on this. Help me out.

there isnt a mount kit for it as of right now.. hitman is making some up but hes making a whole kit and hasnt really listed sepearte parts as of yet.. the 302 is a good motor, but dont plan on going over 500.. the block will let go..

There is a member here (alsil) who makes a crossmember mount for ford small blocks. You can then use the transmission crossmember from JTR (jagsthatrun.com) to complete the engine mounting. You might have to cut the steering shaft depending on the routing of the exhuast but if you are building a custom turbo setup then you can route it however you want. Do some searches on the Ford V8 forum and you're bound to run across threads that mention Al's mount. I almost bought one from him but decided to go with an LT1 instead.

Wheelman