HybridZ

I need turbo help

i know this is a stupid question, but i am new to the world of forced induction. I was just wondering what kind of turbo i need for a v8. its just a single turbo set up and im not planning on running huge amounts of pressure. i just needed some help picking the turbo.

oh and its a blow through set up to.

thanks

Guest FasterbyFosta
i know this is a stupid question' date=' but i am new to the world of forced induction. I was just wondering what kind of turbo i need for a v8. its just a single turbo set up and im not planning on running huge amounts of pressure. i just needed some help picking the turbo.

oh and its a blow through set up to.

thanks[/quote']

What type of power output are you looking for? How many ci is your engine, what do your heads flow, and what cam are you planning on using, and we can start to figure out a turbo for you.

For example, I have AFR 220s, with a custom grind turbo cam from cammotion, Im using a GT4276 and at 16-18 lbs Im hoping to make 1000 hp at the flywheel...

Im just looking for roughly 400hp. I havent flowed my heads but they are stock vortecs. My cam has 114 degree lobe seperation, and has 440" lift. I dont know the duration, I couldnt find out from the guy i got it from cause he didnt know. I have a lot of compression so was thinking of keeping it under 10 lbs. Im also at 4400 ft above sea level.

yeah i actually had a powershot kit from an old project i was going to use, but i thought it would be kinda fun to build a turbo system. i have never done it before and figured tryin it would be the best way to learn.

i decided to go with twin T3 45 trims. Im going to start building the log headers this week. Because of my compression i am only going to run around 8 psi. The only thing i am not looking forward to is tuning the carb, but over all i think it will be fun.

Guest shawn

what size v8?i have a 383,with 9.0 compresion,and i have a dual ball bearing t88..but if you have a smaller motor,you could get away with like a t66..