HybridZ

ScottyMIz got a bike

scottyMIz

yep picked it up yesterday and got it running and drivable today.It was laid down so the plastic was all taken off and cracked.The side pieces are junk so i'll have to get new ones but the rest is fixable.I do need new rims cuz mine are bent and dented like he hit a curb or big pot hole.It's an 88 ninja 750R looks good for it's age and is just the right physical size for me to put my feel almost flat on the pavement when sitting still.I'm just excited i own a bike now and lone i plan to be as careful as i possibly can after hearing about you and your bro and others who have had had bad times with them i'm really cautious.

GET GEAR. GET GOOD GEAR. expect about 1000 dollar setback for gear. get a helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, pants. in that order. and don't get cheap stuff, make sure jacket has plastic armor in it and the jacket is a TIGHT fit, the helmet is snell2000 and dot approved full faced, preferably shoei or arai. (i have an arai quantum/f),

Guest timhypo

I agree. I didn't ride for 6 years after I totalled my ZX-6R mostly due to the trauma of having half of my skin ripped off. Good gear is more than a helmet and although expensive is eons better than waking up every morning and ripping your bedsheets out of your roadrash (where it healed in overnight) thus reopening scabs daily for 2 months. Also, watch out for cars because they won't even glance in your direction before turning in front of you. I don't have nearly the problems on my harley with them as I did on my sportbike though - so maybe loud pipes do save lives.

Guest Thurem

Try not to spend money on this bike, they have a bad rep for chewing up intake valves. Tradein values are between 1090 and 1270, retail about 1500. Bodywork (plastic) is way more than that. And if it has 35Kmiles or more on it count on the 26 dollarapiece intake valves to be on their way out. Not trying to be a partypooper but only take the bike for what it's worth and don't get upside down in it. Also if you ride a newish (1998+ ) sportbike you will never go back to your 88 Ninja. rockon.gifrockon.gif

Thure (MC Mechanic)

it runs good so far and i have riden two new bikes a 2001 zx6r and a 2002 gsxr i think my ninja rides about the same.It has 11k on it now i just need those aircleaners and when it gets slow i'll turbo it :D I hear all you guys on the gear thing and i will get the good stuff i like my skin ;)