HybridZ

Driving Sims

cygnusx1

I went nuts yesterday and went on a shopping spree for PC racing sims. I ordered, Richard Burns Rally, Grand Prix Legends, and GTR FIA Racing. I tried all three demos breifly last night and I was extremely impressed with all of them. The GTR FIA graphics, and sounds are AMAZING. I can't wait to hook up my force feedback wheel and pedals that have been collecting dust ever since I started building the turbo Z.

I was a big proponent of Live for Speed but I want to try some of these other sims as there are lots of tracks and cars available to download. I really need to learn some of these tracks so when I finally get my real Z out there, I at least have some knowledge of the layouts.

Any feedback on these sims?

I'm still a big fan of Gran Prix Legends, but you MUST get all of the graphic update files. With them, the graphics are just about up to par with any current sims. GPLEA, http://gplea.rscsites.org/ , has all the car files, but they're rather large and definetly not dial-up friendly.

The GPL track database is a fantastic site with links to all the current add-on tacks: http://trackdb.d2g.com/

Lately I've been playing Nascar2003, also by Papyrus/Sierra, on the road courses. That's alot of fun too.

There's a track convertor sold by Noonan, or something similar to which can convert N2003 and GPL games to each other, as well as tracks from the old Papyrus Indycar Racing II game. The link is on the GPL database.