HybridZ

VQ35 drivetrain into Z32

Guest mikeymajor

Guest mikeymajor

I am new member and see that there are a few people out here who seem to know their stuff.

Do any of you know of someone who has swapped the 350z drivetrain into a Z32? I dont plan on building a 6second, 390 mph all wheel drive rally / formula 1 car, but rather something very simple using as many stock components as possible.

Does the engine fit, is there a kit, does the transmission fit etc. etc.

If someone has pictures or can tell me where i could check it out i would be really grateful. thanks and keep her between the ditches.

thank you in advance.

if you got a totaled 350z cheap and wanted a simple swap job with no turbo it would work good.scrapping the car for the big brakes and r230 rear wouldnt hurt either.the obd2 efi wiring would be a hassle but somebody like jim wolf could probably rework the computor to ignore some sensors not installed.welding motor mounts would have to be done.good luck.

• 3 months later...
if you got a totaled 350z cheap and wanted a simple swap job with no turbo it would work good.scrapping the car for the big brakes and r230 rear wouldnt hurt either.the obd2 efi wiring would be a hassle but somebody like jim wolf could probably rework the computor to ignore some sensors not installed.welding motor mounts would have to be done.good luck.

I don't think the sensors would be TOO big of a problem. A few things that are important to note are.

THe NATS (security) system will need to be kept intact for the car to run (ECU, IMMU and key all from the same car or dealer will have to rerogram ecu)

The 350z trans does not have a speed sensor. the 350z gets it's speed signal from the ABS sensors.

The throttle is controled by wire not cable so you would need the gas pedal too.

I put a maxima motor in my car with a 350z trans (has a 350z oil pan now too).

Thaniel