HybridZ

CV conversion strength

jack46

I bought CV's axles and conversion kit for a 280Z.

The best information I have found is the stub axles are the weak point, so since I used 280Z axles will the setup hold a supercharged 383 setup?

I see others running turbos, but not sure how it will take a SC >2500 launch. I do plan to use 8.5" slicks so it will spin some on launch. I think it should be less than many do with built 350's and NOS.

Thanks for any thoughts

Ok, using the stock design, the best axles to get are Ross' at Modern Motorsports for $700. Now i am currently running with stock 280Z axles. I havnt heard of them failing hardly ever, however, when they did its usually under race conditions where the axles are under constant stress for hours on end race after race. It really depends on how much abuse you intend to put your poor car through. The stock 280Z stubs are very stout. If you are doing a CV swap, what kind of Diff are you putting in. A stock R200 LSD can only take so much as well. Anything over 450 hp (i believe) or so should be looking at an R230. Ross' stubs are stronger. Or hey, go solid rear axle! Have fun with that swap though. I'll be doing my swap here in the next few weeks.

Chevy 355

LS1 T-56

**** load of fun!

http://www.magshooterz.com/V8240Z.htm

Ok I have a welded R200 3.54 wanted to use CV and Ross CV adapters. Hoped it could take LT1 with Vortech and 10 psi.

I will have small slicks 8.5" wide to let it spin some on launch, From your reply seems the setup can not take the power. I expect good power at launch with stall getting ~2500+

Thanks fro reply