HybridZ

Removing inside wiring

I'm finishing up the stripping of my car (72 240z) and I'm having problems with the wiring inside the car. I'm trying to pull the harness on the pass side behind the rear wheel well....? Is there a trick to this? If it's this tricky trying to get it out I'm already afraid of tring to put it back in there:x Also trying to remove the radio ant. lead on the driver's side, same scenario..?

Any tips, tricks? thanks

I'm finishing up the stripping of my car (72 240z) and I'm having problems with the wiring inside the car. I'm trying to pull the harness on the pass side behind the rear wheel well....? Is there a trick to this? If it's this tricky trying to get it out I'm already afraid of tring to put it back in there:x Also trying to remove the radio ant. lead on the driver's side' date=' same scenario..?

Any tips, tricks? thanks[/quote']

Not sure if your '72 is the same as my '73, but when I pulled the wiring, I just made sure the dome light, two leads for the defroster, all the tail lights and running lights were disconnected. Then I made sure none of the wire harness "clamps" or "keepers" (whatever you want to call them) were still holding the harness in, and just pulled it out. You did pull the interior panels off to be able to free the harness, right?

!M!

Thanks Mat. I think I know what you mean by the clamps. It looks like my harness is wedged pretty good inside the inner wheel well. I think I'll need a stiff wire to help "guide" it out of there. Was yours a pain to re-install?

Thanks Mat. I think I know what you mean by the clamps. It looks like my harness is wedged pretty good inside the inner wheel well. I think I'll need a stiff wire to help "guide" it out of there. Was yours a pain to re-install?

It was not a pain to re-install. You only loose sight of it for like a foot and a half or so. I'm wondering why you are having difficulty removing your wiring. I have all my interior panels removed, because I installed Brown Bread (or Be Quiet Ultimate, whatever the heck it's called now) and it was very easy to see how everything comes apart and where it is routed.

!M!