HybridZ

Burning oil

PapaSmurf

hey guys I'm having second thoughts about what may be causing the oil burning in my engine.

I just went through the engine and replaced the valve cover gasket, which was dead as a gasket can be, there were bits of gasket in the workings it was so bad, I got that all cleaned up, and found that the hose that goes from the radiator to the intake manifold was leaking from ITS gasket. I unbolted it and found that the gasket was not even the correct one for the piece, it was completely the wrong shape so water had been leaking out of it pretty bad over where the intake manifold bolts into the head.

SO in sumation water and oil were leaking over the intake manifolds gasket for a while and the intake gasket seems to be leaking! There is also exhaust coming out of the header's gasket so the question is do you guys think the burning oil could be coming from that? I have so much blue smoke coming out of my tail pipe you'd think it was aladins lamp. Now that the gaskets are replaced I'm gonna see how she runs and if the problem clears up at all but the oil that got into the intake manifold and into the cylinder may stick around for a long time gaw I just wish there was a FREE way to test if its my rings