HybridZ

T5 Cluster gear removal?

RacnJsn95

trans has to be completely torn down to get out cluster gear/countershaft.i built a few working at ford dealer.remove tail shaft housing.remove bell housing and input bearing retainer.the input shaft is notched-remove it.remove shift rails.remove 5th & reverse.remove clips & main shaft.remove countershaft-not exactly.but be ready for complete tear down.if it is a ford t5 there are rebuild kits in mustang mags.rebild kits have new bearings,seals,syncrhos.t5's are easy.make sure you have a big work bench and nobody around so you can concentrate.are you installing a wc kit?

It's not a mustang T5, its out of an 83 ZXT. I didn't know I could install a WC kit in it, I did a search last night, and it looked like I couldn't do it. I already have the transmission apart. All thats left in the case is the cluster gear, but I don't know how to get it out, and it needs to come out so I can change it. Any idea how to do that?

The cases are different between WC and NWC. One of the differences is the bearing "cup" that is pressed into (and out of) the front of the case that supports the front bearing of the cluster gear. You need to press it out from the back of the cluster shaft.