HybridZ

Ok so it is all hooked up but....

Guest Stingray280zx

Guest Stingray280zx

alright I hooked up the MSnS system, i figured out the wires (i'll post the info later in the other thread) so I follows the instructions, turn the key, nothing happens. Well the MSnS unit is lighting up as if it were injecting and firing, but i'm noticing that the injector and the ignition fires are occuring at the same time (i dont know if this is a problem or not.) At anyrate, i'm not getting any spark at the plug, so anybody have any suggestions?

Guest Stingray280zx

Alright well I have an update, when the key is in the ON postition, im getting 6V to the positive side of the coil and 12V to the negative side of the coil.... This happens when I have the factory 280zx wiring powering the coil, now if I hook up a straight 12V to one side of the positive coil, i'm getting the reverse, so 12V on positive adn 6 V on negative terminals of the ignition coil....

Will need some more info from you to help you out. Does the unit work on the stim board? Have you checked the output of the ignition trigger from MS that fires the ignition module? Also, did you compare your coil wiring to what is described in the install guide? let us know.

Alright well I have an update, when the key is in the ON postition, im getting 6V to the positive side of the coil and 12V to the negative side of the coil.... This happens when I have the factory 280zx wiring powering the coil, now if I hook up a straight 12V to one side of the positive coil, i'm getting the reverse, so 12V on positive adn 6 V on negative terminals of the ignition coil....

you are supposed to have 12v to the positive side but I don't think you are supposed to have any voltage on the negitive side at all.

I don't know this for sure but I'll check my car and get back to you on that.

jesse