HybridZ

Nalle Cobra Kit history ....

VinhZXT

Jamie,

Thank you for your help again. Pete Paraska was surprised that you were the one gave me Paul's numbers. I did a search and found Paul's home address but it gave me some old phone numbers. Paul has been trying to call Sang to try to buy 1 back and he couldn't contact Sang. Anyway I will be on a business trip to Chincoteague VA in 2 weeks and I will stop by to visit Paul. He said he got a lot of pictures of some of the Cobras with Carrol Shelby and he want me to see them. Plus he wants to show me some documentations about the Cobras. I am so excited and want to get started with my project ASAP. Hopefully I won't be too far from Pete and Glenn so I can stop by and pay them a visit as well. I will be in VA for 3 weeks starting Jun 14Th.. Again Thanks for your help. I feel like I've just found a long lost friend.. lol.. I think I will hit off well with my new friend Paul. .. Cheers

V.

the pictures of your 280 ZX convertible ....best ZX convertible I ever saw.. The Nalle history is quite interesting. I wanted one of these kits but by the time I recieved the Stable works GTO kit , Origin converible kit and the Tomahawk (# 8 kit) it appeared Nalle had quit advertising..I was broke anyway. After viewing the photo's: ...............................................................................................................QUESTION Was a Fererri 250 GTO kit used to mock up the Nalle Cobra Cobra. It appears from the red modified Cobra coupe that a replica 250 GTO could have been utilized to make the plug for the mold. Rory Bateman used an early production "Stallion" Cobra kit body (which is oversized slightly to a standard Cobra ) as a plug for the Tomahawk Z kit. The original English AC sports car was a loose copy of a 50's Ferrari. Hopefully, Eric Nyerlin can utilize the Nalle History for his website since he dies maintain a Z car kit history http://www.zparts.com/home.html

Vinh - I have a correction to your history. The last of the six Daytona Cobra kitted cars that Paul (Dung Duong) sold to a gentelman in MD/VA is different than the one that guy I've emailed you about has. Glenn McCoy (gmccoy383 here on HybridZ) has yet another Daytona Cobra kitted Z, that he installed the body kit on himself, after all the others were built by Tom Nalle. Tom gave him the last kit as payment for some of his labor on the kitted Daytona Cobras.

So that 6th Daytona Cobra that Paul had still is out there somewhere.

Glenn actually owned a company back in the 80s that another Glenn here worked at (he sold my the 280ZX side marker lights on my 240Z). Anyway, the name of the company was Accessories, LTD. and it was in the Annapolis Maryland area. Glenn installed several of the Nalle body kits onto Z's for Tom Nalle. Tom then either did or had done the final body work and paint before he sold them to customers (some of them are most likely the people that Paul bought them from).

Glenn and I are very interested in meeting with you on your trip south. Glenn's Daytona Cobra is having fueling problems (crap in the tank) and he doesn't feel like driving it out to my place in Laurel. He lives on Kent Island, about 30 minutes from I-95 if you're headed through the area that way. But let Glenn set up when and where to meet. He's a computer newbie and is wondering about how to post his first message here - but has read this thread and we were talking about it today.

I guess this will be the first thread he (Glenn) posts to!

(Glenn, just get your son Alex to help you learn how to post (it's easy) - he's the young computer whiz Valedictorian anyway - might as well use that talent! ;) ).

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sound like there were more than 7 Kits made by Tom. I have emailed Burney from NC and he bought the kit from Nalle LTD and either assembled himself or paid someone locally to put it together. Thanks for the info I will update my page. Also Paul mentioned there was 1 kit got wrecked somewhere. I have to confirm with him.

My family and I will be driving down Monday Jun 12Th. We will be staying on Wallops Island. It's a long way drive thru VA and MD but if the traffic is not too bad we will take 95. Please shoot me an email with your phone numbers and I will call you when I get to Paul's place in Richmond. I don't know Paul have time to have a drive to meet you and Glen but I will let him know. Paul doesn't play with computer either. Otherwise he should be able to post more info on here so we all can put the puzzle back together.

Take care.. Hope to meet you soon..