HybridZ

Whats it gonna take?

Guest bruiZer

Guest bruiZer

i was wondering what its gonna take for me to put this 460 in my Z. ive wanted to swap this motor in for a long time(ive had nothing but good luck with 460's). I was told that i am gonna need to cut the front of my Z off and extend it 6 inches for this motor to fit. any truth to this? plus if someone would be so nice i need to know what i need to buy or make for this conversion..thanks in advance guys

Dan

I think it will fit, no problem. If I was doing this swap, I would look into getting one of those marine type front engine plate mounts with rubber mounting points. Then cut/weld/adapt it to fit, then you will have extra room for headers. A Caddy 472-500 fits, so a 460 should as well.

Guest Battle Pope
Sounds like you need to get up with Battlepope. He's in the process of doing the same thing.

We haven't quite started yet, but yes, I'm prepping the motor. And according to my fabricator, no cutting will be necessary. I'll be using the stock exhaust manifolds, but I've got a Weiand intake manifold, and a Holley 780 going on it. It'll be close to stock for now.

I plan on keeping a log of the installation along with pictures, so as soon as I get underway, info will be popping up here.

Guest bruiZer
We haven't quite started yet' date=' but yes, I'm prepping the motor. And according to my fabricator, no cutting will be necessary. I'll be using the stock exhaust manifolds, but I've got a Weiand intake manifold, and a Holley 780 going on it. It'll be close to stock for now.

I plan on keeping a log of the installation along with pictures, so as soon as I get underway, info will be popping up here.[/quote']

ok, cool...i'll keep an eye out.

Guest Battle Pope
I have a spare 460 engine in the garage that needs a home.

to big of a project to do myself though. Was hoping for some help from

hitman47 but he seems to be gone.

Anyone want a 460? 351C4v?

Well, I wouldn't be opposed to having my fab guy reproduce the mounts he makes for mine. I don't know what it would cost though.

Guest bruiZer

i think b 4 i do the engine i am gonna do the full cage.. i'm pretty damn sure that i am gonna need to reinforce the whole car b 4 i put it in.