HybridZ

Autometer Speedometer install

In all the times I've used an inline pulse generator it has never functioned as intended. My applications were requiring the 40 pulse for a GM OBDII ECM (V6 and V8 engines). I ended up modifying the tranny to accept a reluctor gear and VSS. That said, there is a simple generator which consist of a magnet glued to the driveshaft and a small coil located on a bracket which creates a pulse each rotation on the shaft. It works well with an electronic speedo and you can cap the cable output on the tranny. I'll try to figure out where I purchased mine if there is interest. I do have an unused one somewhere in the garage too that I'd sell. It's just a thought...

if you call autometer, ask them to refer you to a speedometer shop in milwakee(?) that does 3rd party electronic speedo senders for other makes. That's how I got one for an autometer elec. speedo for an rx7 transmission (a cable one to start with)

In all the times I've used an inline pulse generator it has never functioned as intended. My applications were requiring the 40 pulse for a GM OBDII ECM (V6 and V8 engines). I ended up modifying the tranny to accept a reluctor gear and VSS. That said, there is a simple generator which consist of a magnet glued to the driveshaft and a small coil located on a bracket which creates a pulse each rotation on the shaft. It works well with an electronic speedo and you can cap the cable output on the tranny. I'll try to figure out where I purchased mine if there is interest. I do have an unused one somewhere in the garage too that I'd sell. It's just a thought...

That sounds really good actually. If you find yours I would be very interested, or just let me know where you picked it up. I was thinking that would probably be the cheap and easy solution. Other wise I may have to take aux's advice, witch doesn't seem that bad either.