HybridZ

Turbo swap complete!! whoo hoo.. but bad problems.. *sigh*

Hey guys.. I just finished my turbo swap... and I started her up this morning and she idle'd and ran fine... and it revved great!!

BUT when I backed her out into the street and put it in first gear and started to engage the clutch the engine started cutting out and died...

What could be wrong with it? I checked all electrical connections that I could and I checked for spark and good fuel pressure and it's fine..

But what the hell could be wrong with it??

here are some pics

330795_219_full.jpg

330795_220_full.jpg

330795_210_full.jpg

Ok... something new...

It WONT rev past 2,000 RPM...

Which is why when I try driving it wont run past 2,000 RPM... hmm

I have an FSM actually for my car.. i tried looking.. and no luck..

I also unplugged the TPS to see if it was bad .. but it still didnt run past 2,000 RPM with or without the TPS...

I didn't swap in a WHOLE new engine..

I just used my stock N47 head and block which was already in my car and I did a manifold swap... and with some 310cc injectors

If it were the tps you wouldn't be able to rev it while parked either.

I had a similar problem after a long swap, ended up being fuel delivery problem due to the gas gunking up from sitting so long. Fuel presure guage verified the problem.

check the CHTS, also if you plan on running larger injecotrs with the stock managment system you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and guage right? if not get one if so turn the pressure down, look for leaks in your intake tract from the maf to the throttle, check the many fitting and piping on the intake, most likely the problem is staring you in the face you just gotta stare at it till you see it ;) at least thats how most of the problems found me, also be weary of the stock fucl pump if your using it, it took me a while to diagnose mine was shutting down under boost