HybridZ

My dilema. Need advice

AK-Z

I have a 280z in bad shape and Stony here on the boards is wanting to buy my car. He says that he want it so he can practice doing body work. Now theres a 280z with a really good body (a whole lot better than my body.) thats going for like $500. Stony wants to buy my car for $300 which is fine by me but the other 280z is a automatic (which is a no no), the one I have is a 5 speed. He offered to trade me an used Blitz skyline GTR intercooler in trade for my car. He hasn't answered back to my email yet, in it I asked if its the whole kit or just the core. He says it retails for $1500 and I went to the website and thats about right, He said I could sell it for like $600 on ebay. Now thats my dilema, How long will it take for me to sell it, at that price or even higher (not much higher). I could probably haggel the price of the car that I want down to maybe $400. Now do I take the cash or take the intercooler? Keeping in mind about when I can get cash from the intercooler.

Guest Dobey

Well this is just me but I find that whatever parts I have for anything, (not just cars) that i find a use for them, I would take the cooler but thats just me, I am sure I could find a use for it, but you might be different. If your asking are you getting a fair deal, I don't know you would have to ask yourself.

I say git' the cash... parts are good and all, but like has been said, there is a tendancy to use them if you have them.. I know I do.. :lol: Besides, there is the time it will take you to sell off something that you take in trade (that you don't particularly need) and an unknown dollar amount.. sure, you may get your $500 out of it, but what if you don't? Then your no further ahead, you know?