HybridZ

Need advice Help

AK-Z

I have a 280z in bad shape and Stony here on the boards is wanting to buy my car. He says that he want it so he can practice doing body work. Now theres a 280z with a really good body (a whole lot better than my body.) thats going for like $500. Stony wants to buy my car for $300 which is fine by me but the other 280z is a automatic (which is a no no), the one I have is a 5 speed. He offered to trade me an used Blitz skyline GTR intercooler core in trade for my car. He says it retails for $1500 (whole kit) and I went to the website and thats about right, He said I could sell it for like $600 on ebay. Now thats my dilema, How long will it take for me to sell it, at that price or even higher (not much higher). I could probably haggel the price of the car that I want down to maybe $400. Now do I take the cash or take the intercooler? Keeping in mind about when I can get cash from the intercooler.

I told him that I want the 5 speed box. SO I don't know what to do.

I posted this in the L6 forums but I didn't realise that I only posted there.

Me personally I would try to stay away from body work. As long as you are not in a hurry I would take the intercooler and sell it on ebay. That is if the intercooler is not a POS and if you trust the guy your are buying it from. (j/k stony:) ) That way you save yourself alot of time buy starting off with a better car. Only downside I see is doing an auto to manual swap. Its a good 2 day project. Thats my .02 cents.