HybridZ

327 Cooling issues...

I have to add my experience here too.

I'm done two V8Z swaps both with the JTR rad and the Taurus two speed fan. Absolutely no overheating problems (so long as the wires stay attached!).

Those Ford fans are cheap and strong. Don't use those through-the-core type zip tie things to mount it to the rad. They will abraid the tubes and cause leaks. Make yourself some decent brackets. I made mine from a simple piece of sheet metal bent in a Z shape with four holes for bolts.

Guest tony78_280z

I always gotta jump in on v8Z heat issues to remind everyone that I have the stock radiator (less than 5 years old though) and I run two electric fans one push one pull, and no shrouds at all. It stays at 185 maximum. I covered as much of my radiator as possible with my two fans, but I don't rely on a shroud.

When you get hot at a stop and not while moving I'd have to say it is the fan not pushing enough. BUT.. The "mommy mobile" (dodge caravan) has been over heating at a stop. Turns out it is low on fluid (due to bad rad cap sending fluid into the overflow constantly). There is enough fluid to barely keep it cool while moving, but not enough to keep in cool at a stop. Not sure if that makes much sense, but that is what it was doing. I assume you checked the fluid level in your radiator and not your overflow so this can't be the problem. :cool:

• 5 weeks later...

180 xtreme fan full shroud mod

cap housings ,

29-27 on the rad 21-19 on the motor.

flush rad 180 stat

expanision tank

water wet

expansion tank remained empty. no coolant loss

Picture_0011.jpg

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

Picture_003.jpg

Or you could get a Flex-a-lite 180 extreme, it has a bigger shroud anyway. If you don't mind spending some bucks look for it on summitracing.com. I tested mine and it has a heck of a lot of flow through the Stealth Conversions radiator. I could feel it hum inside the car with the hood closed. I'm hoping it's not noticeable when I actually start the car. :-D

Hey Brandon. After doing searches here.. I did go with that flex extreme 180 fan. Just had to resize the shroud to fit my rad. The shroud height was perfect but length was a bit too long. Also did notice you can feel it hum in the car too. It's a good fan!