HybridZ

Dumb question of the day RE: injector mount/hold-down thingies....

dat240zg

I've been debating whether or not to ask this question for fear of being permanently relegated to the tool shed, BUT.....

Let me set the stage first. My turbo motor/swap parts came to me in pieces and the Z previously had carbs, so this is my first time fooling with injectors. I'm putting everything back together and am hitting a snag. I have the DSM 450 injectors and a JSK fuel rail and am having trouble figuring out the way the injectors mount. I have the chiltons manual and have looked at the diagram for the way everything goes together but it still seems that there would be a large gap at the base of the injector where the pintle (sp?) cap goes in to the intake.

What am I missing here? Do the DSM injectors require something else to mount them up that I don't have? Also, I hav a set of 2nd gen Eclipse injectors that I've tried and they seem to sit deeper in the intake but have a smaller (more narrow) body. Anyone tried these?

Thanks for any thoughts that you might have.

Bryan

Dat240zg

Bryan (Mobythevan) has a JSK o-ring fuel rail, and 450cc DSM injectors in his car.

He put little o-rings on the pintles to prevent a vacuum leak, and used a custom tie down, to mount that fuel rail and injectors really snug and tightly.

Check his gallery for pics of his engine bay =)