HybridZ

R200 Questions

sab12373

I have been searching the threads and can't seem to find the answer to my problems. I know that this thread has probaly been beaten to death but I'm new here and my project is just getting started.

I am putting an RB25DET into my '73 240z. I know that a few of you have done this swap along with other large horsepower conversions (i.e.- V8, RB26DETT, SR20, etc...). I am shooting for somewhere in the 600HP range. I am wondering what differential seem to work the best?

The information that I seem to be reading is to use an R200 LSD. What are the major differences between the R200's. Can any R200 be used (with slight modification of course)? Is a VLSD out of a newer Nissan (300ZX, Skyline) the way to go? Should I be looking for an R200 from a late model 280Z? Is the biggest problem the driveaxles?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

• 9 months later...
I have been searching the threads and can't seem to find the answer to my problems. I know that this thread has probaly been beaten to death but I'm new here and my project is just getting started.

I am putting an RB25DET into my '73 240z. I know that a few of you have done this swap along with other large horsepower conversions (i.e.- V8' date=' RB26DETT, SR20, etc...). I am shooting for somewhere in the 600HP range. I am wondering what differential seem to work the best?

The information that I seem to be reading is to use an R200 LSD. What are the major differences between the R200's. Can any R200 be used (with slight modification of course)? Is a VLSD out of a newer Nissan (300ZX, Skyline) the way to go? Should I be looking for an R200 from a late model 280Z? Is the biggest problem the driveaxles?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.[/quote']

If I remember right, I think the VLSD R200 gear is slotted? Right now I have a R200LSD and am going to use a VLSD long nose that I got for my 240Z.