HybridZ

QUICK HELP!! What is the size of the transmission bolts???

My roomate and I are doing a 383 into his s10, only problem.. when he bought the motor and th350(from a hybridZ member) He forgot the get the transmission -> block bolts.. The 4cyl doesnt use the same bolt pattern...

Autozone and pepboys dont know and todays sunday, the parts dept is closed at chevy.. bolt store is open till 6:30(its 5:15 now!!)

yep, thats what we got! also bought the 1.5" in case..

another Q..

what about the bolts for the tourqe converter, in this case a 2600 stall? nothing is threaded to put a bolt in, will pretty much any grade 8 bolt work?

its got 3 mounting holes on the converter and 6 on the flexplate, I cant find any bolts in the box's the guy gave us.. Im going to have my roomate call when he gets back from random part hunt #762

BTW we have to get the swap done by this saturday(EEK!!) Carb is getting picked up tomarrow and the driveshaft lengths go in to the shop. mods to the chassis are compleete(as to JTR book) We lucked out when we went with the 98 as it allready has half of the things blocking it moved.. we were about to throw the engine and tranny together, I picked up the box, and was like "uhhh, no bolts again".

I guess Ill have to bolt the tranny and engine together w/o the converter and put it in its mounts to line it all up, then tomarrow remove it and put the converter in..

Well, converter bolts are yet another issue. 3/8-24 x 1" with lock nuts, no lock washers, you can get them at checker or autozone. Some HP converters like mine use 7/16-24x1" with lock nuts, but depends on the HP rating of the converter. There are 6 mounting holes in the flexplate, 3 large diameter pattern holes for 11-12 inch converters and 3 small diameter pattern for 9-10 inch converters. You can use either if your converter tabs or ears line up, it matters not. The torque converter bolts are a grade 8 for good reason, it is the sole connection between the engine and trans, now that's alot of HP and torque being transferred to the bolt.