HybridZ

Toyota 3RZ 2.7L 4 Cyl.

orklc

Well, I have been given a T100 Engine (4 Cyl. 2.7 liter - 3RZ Toyota) in running condition. Engine was removed from truck and swapped for a v8 instead. I have a spare iron case Toyota W50 5 speed transmission that I think is a direct bolt on to the engine and I know that the engine has great potential being twin cam cross flow and high torque. I wonder what would be the potential of this engine with stock internals? Or what mods will be needed to be able to turbo the engine in a safe manner. Looking for 350+/- RWHP.

I am thinking on swapping the engine in to my Datsun 1200 drag car. Imagine 350 RWHP on a 1700 lbs. body with good traction.

Give me your thoughts.

KC

DO IT!!

Actually, I have heard of folks right here in town pulling 400hp but it depends on how quick you want to go. 350rwhp in your car should put you in the 9.50 range. Like anything else, keep the detonation down and have the ability to fine tune the fueling and timing and you can go a long way.