HybridZ

are there r230 aftermarket centres?

rb26zed

im looking at using the r230 diff and cv's from a '90 - '96 300zxtt. the reason for this and not a r200 is that they are a hell of a lot easier to find here in australia than the old 300zxt '84 - '89. i will be using the r230, inner cv's from 4 shafts, custom axles and billit adapters. i think i have my head around the swap finally except for the following; does anyone know of aftermarket centres for the r230 like lockers and semi lockers etc? and if i used the rear brakes from the 300 could i use the stub axles aswell and would this negate the need for the adapter plates? has anyone used different stub axles and is there much involved in the swap? also does anyone know what the Q45 is known as in australia?

Guest JAMIE T

I'd first suggest the search feature of this forum. It does work contrary to what you may have heard.

There is a thread about this exact subject that is about 3 pages long. It may not be obvious in the title.

I am in the process of building new strut housings for the 300ZXTT/Q45 hubs for my own car. I'm also using the R230 diff and axles, no adapters needed. Just new shorter axles.