HybridZ

MSA gasket and SU question

ASA240Z

I know this maybe a simple question but I could not find any answers to the install of the MSA gasket. Is there any prep work before the install, other than using a gasket scraper to clean the surface? Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm new to working on Z's and cars altogether.

Another thing I would like to ask is about SU rebuilds. I have to rebuild the SU's on my 240Z, but I was wondering if this is a too difficult thing to do. Also what should I use to clean off all the build up on the carb? I read on another site that the carbs could be dipped in gasoline, but I'm really doubtful about this...

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

On good clean flat manifold surface and good clean flat carb face surface... you should need any other prep with a good gasket...The bolts should be tourqed if you are inexperienced in tigtening carb bolts that do not that tight of fit. Before you tear into those SU's..get a rebuild manual and read up on it.I would not think it advisable to spend any money on rebuilds if the carbs are ot the early rounded tops (1970-72) as opposed to the later 1973-74 square shouldered round tops.. about any repair manual should hve the rebuild info and photos to tell the difference between the carbs. I do not know the tourqe requirements to mount the carbs to manifold

The SU carbs are really simple. I didn't know jack about them, and last year me and a friend spent about 2 hours taking my just acuired carbs apart, cleaning and reassembling. Not hard at all.. I bolted them on, and they fired the car almost righ away too!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

The MSA Header manifold gasket material is TOTAL CRAPOLA and will only last about 9 months!!

Get the Header manifold gasket form NISMO. MUCH better quality for about the same price!!

Later,Norm