HybridZ

2JZGE Engine Mount Pics

• 2 weeks later...

On my 7m conversion, the speedo was plug and play. If the 2jz has a hall effect, maybe the 7m speedo drive will swap into the newer toy tranny.

I do Jeep stuff too and that trick works for old Jeep speedo outputs to new tcase swaps or vice versa. The diameter and mount of the speedo drive is identical wether they used a conventional cable or 2 wires like the new stuff.

Good luck and let us know what you do.

Keeper coming the parts look great. Now for the plumbing (the most time consuming part in my opinion).

• 2 weeks later...

Im thinking ive either using a aftermarket VDO speedo or an adapter box, but ill have a capt'n cook and see if i can do the speedo conversion like you described it,

As for the plumbing, i was thinking of using a 3" exhaust just because if i ever wanted to go to the 2jzgte i wouldnt ever need bigger, but at the moment its just the NA 2jz, but i will probably still got the 3" complete exhaust, because in the ACT i can have the car up to 96 decibals :-), and if i ever went the turbo'd version i'd have the 3" exhaust to suit,

So the only tricky plumbing job will be the air intake, but im probably going to bastidise other cars intakes and put the air filter at the front of the car............untill i decide if im going to go out and buy the 2jzgte and get pollished alloy pipes everywhere :-)