HybridZ

SPW Seats?

titanium

I saw these on ebay and was wondering if anyone has sat in them before. It sounds like they might actually be a decent seat just not a huge name. Anyone know if they would fit in the 240z? They're modeled after the Sparco Torenos so I'm guessing of those fit these will too.

Guest Battle Pope

1) They're fairly wide in the thigh bolsters.

2) The backs are pretty tall.

3) They're pretty wide in the shoulders.

And that's not saying anything about comfort. They're made with subpar materials, and if you're wider than about a 36 waist they're kind of uncomfortable. They have very little padding, making distance driving completely irritating. Not to mention I think the material fades in direct prolonged exposure to sunlight.

Guest Battle Pope

Yeah, I had a set in my Civic. I ended up putting the stock seats back in. Civic DX seats are pretty uncomfortable, but the SPWs were worse.

Guest Battle Pope

Surprisingly, when you're talking about seats, 4-500/seat isn't overpriced. Most of the ebay specials have poorly welded frames, and the material only holds up to about a year of regular use.

One seat that's pretty new that I think would look totally badass in the Z is the Roadster 7 by Cobra (http://www.cobraseats.com/item.asp?pg=SP&id=ROAD).

Cobra isn't one of the more well known companies here in the US (they're bigger in europe), but they carry all the FIA certifications, and I personally like their styles much better than the other seat makers.

Not to mention they have a specific line of seats for limited space applications.

ive had various types of aftermarket seats in my car (240sx) and my friend has had one in his 280z, if you take one thing from my post, you get what you pay for in terms of aftermarket seating.

also, PLEASE consider getting a fixed back seat. myself and my friend have bucket seats on the drivers side and stock seats on the passenger side. every time somone else drives my car and i am in the passenger seat, i find myself hating the stock seat. bucket seats are much more supportive, the material is nicer, ect.

also, one thing a lot of people dont know is that it is sidemount bucket seats (all the good ones are side mount) are very simple to recline. takes like 3 minutes to change the angle. with a good bucket seat the padding is easy to remove, making cleaning a breeze. finally, side mount seats can be made to sit much lower than a reclining seat, if headroom is a problem.

cliffsnotes -

bucket seats are more supportive, lighter weight, easier to care for and clean, give more headroom, and still very easy to recline to whatever the desired leanback angle may be. get a bucket seat!

Guest Vince

I have a Cobra "monaco" seat in my 260. So far its been comfortable enough for short trips, havent driven it for longer than about 40 minutes at a time. Its pretty wide compared to the other brands entry level seats that i've sat in, plus its angled back a bit and not as upright as others.

croppedint7ds.th.jpg

Guest Battle Pope

That's another one I was considering. I didn't want to put a fixed-back seat in though because it's not gonna be a race-prepped car.